You know what makes running a neighborhood 5K even more fun? Doing it while dressed in your wedding garb! Avid runners are about to kick start their hearts at the Piedmont Park Runaway Bride 5K race.
Whether you’re a runner, a walker, getting married, married already, former bridesmaid or groomsman, or just love a free t-shirt- get ready to run away together at Piedmont Park Conservancy’s second annual Piedmont Park Runaway Bride 5k
. All Atlantans are invited to get in the spirit by dressing to impress for the big race day to make this fun event unforgettable!
The race begins on Sunday, July 22 at 9:30 am at Magnolia Hall. Prizes will be awarded for the fastest times and the best dressed.
This race benefits the Piedmont Park Conservancy, the nonprofit that preserves and enhances beautiful Piedmont Park. The organization must raise over $3 million and rely on over 10,000 volunteers hours each year.
* 8:30 AM: Registration Opens
* 9:30 AM: Race Begins
* 10:30 AM: Announcements
* 11:30 AM – Event Closes
* Hand-Picked Price: $19
* Regular Price on or before Wednesday, July 18 at noon: $25
* Regular Price for walk-ups: $35
Rain Policy: Event will be held rain or shine, and will only be cancelled due to severe conditions which would make the route unsafe. No refunds will be issued.
Piedmont Park Conservancy 5K Rules:
* Due to safety concerns, NO children under 12 will be allowed to attend the event.
* No smoking.
* No glass items permitted in the Promenade area.
* No foul language or offensive behavior.
* Serious problems resulting in injury must be reported immediately.
Piedmont Park Conservancy 5K Terms
* Damage to property, including trees, shrubbery, furniture, etc. will not be permitted and violators will be held responsible.
* Piedmont Park Conservancy 5Ks are rain or shine. No reimbursements will be given due to inclement weather.
* Race registrants release and forever discharge and hold harmless the Piedmont Park Conservancy (PPC) and their successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from race activities with PPC. Racers understand that this release and waiver discharges PPC from any liability or claim that the he/she may have against PPC with respect to any bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from my activities as a race registrant with PPC, whether caused by the negligence of PPC or City of Atlanta or its officers, directors, employees or agents or otherwise. By signing below, I acknowledge that I have read, understood and executed this release as of the date indicated and that I hereby grant and convey unto PPC all right, title and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by PPC during my race activity with PPC, including, but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.