A Bottomless Ticket to BaconFest with Dad’s Garage
Ever wondered what twenty five hundred pounds of bacon looked like? Well, to us it looks like a hot, salty, mountain of all our cured and smoked hopes and dreams.
What To Expect
- Single bottomless bacon ticket to the Dad’s Garage BaconFest festivities on Saturday, March 25, 2017
- Endless game tickets to use as you wish (fingers crossed the kiss-less kissing booth makes a comeback)
- As many portions of beer or bacon your digestive system can handle
- Access to all sorts of silly antics that will be staged throughout the festivities by the Dad’s Garage Crew (this is their 17th year of the bacon brou-ha-ha – they’ve practically got it down to an art)
- Endless bragging rights – you snagged your ticket before they were available to the rest of the public, AND this is the first BaconFest in the theatre's new home
If you’ve ever wondered what 2,500 pounds of bacon looked like – we’ve got quite a treat for you. Dad’s Garage is bringing back BaconFest, satiating all of our carnivorous, gluttonous dreams like never before. The cure for what ails us? Cured meats! Accompanied with ever-flowing amounts of beer, crazy antics, and hysterics around every turn. (Maybe – maybe – even a cameo from Kevin Bacon himself, who actually turned up at the festivities back in ’12.)
Yup, the mammoth amount of pork that will be served up at Dad's Garage's new digs on March 25th is equivalent in weight to approximately ninety-six toddlers, ten Arnold Schwarzenegger's, thirteen Kevin Bacon's, or two hundred bald eagles. And all that hog belly is yours for the taking, Atlanta. Just as every year, the swine will come to us via local eateries of every ilk, as donated to Dad’s Garage – the theatre company with some of the most junk-kickingly funny performances in our neck of the woods. And BaconFest? In our minds, it's Mardi Gras meets meat meets the most fun-filled fundraiser in all the land. For Dad’s Garage, BaconFest means securing a significant chunk of change for the upcoming year’s performances and visiting comedy acts. (They are a non-profit, after all.)
In our carnivorous hearts, BaconFest matches up the two most important things in our lives: beer and bacon. And while the cornucopia of pork is the titular star of BaconFest, the brou-ha-ha is also notorious for having plenty of diversions to keep us busy between our bacon binges. Past years have included insulting booths, Victorian phone sex stations, and a sanitary kissing booth with Blondie awaiting you on the other side of some saran-wrap. And word to the wise: all the booths are run by the improvisers from Dad's Garage, so don't be surprised if that fortune teller sounds like she's making things up. (She is.)
Your Hand-Picked purchase entitles you to your very own bottomless portion of the pork-fueled festivities. Along with admittance to the festival at Dad's Garage, you’ll also get unlimited bacon, unlimited beer, and unlimited gaming- including the premium booths. (Pucker up, Blondie – we’re coming for ya.) Hydrate, flex your innards, and ready your liver – tickets sell out every year!.