First Sips: Tour, Tasting, T-Shirt & Complimentary Bottle of ASW Distillery's new Fiddler GA Heartwood Bourbon
ASW Distillery, crafters of Atlanta hometown whiskey, are celebrating the release of Fiddler Georgia Heartwood, their new high-wheat bourbon finished on Georgia oak heartwood that they harvested themselves. Spend an afternoon sipping on this delicious, complex bourbon and more liquid bliss from ASW's offerings in this exclusive tour and tasting.
What To Expect
- An in-depth tour of ASW's distillery where you'll discover how their Bourbons, Ryes, Georgia Orchard Apple Brandy, and Single Malt Whiskies are made
- Three 1/2 ounce tastings from ASW's whiskey collection, including their Fiddler Georgia Heartwood Bourbon, Atlanta's first rye since Prohibition, and a new single malt whiskey collaboration with Monday Night Brewing that they just released
- A souvenir bottle of their small-batch Fiddler Georgia Heartwood Bourbon to take home
- A Fiddler t-shirt to keep your style game going strong
- A special discount on anything in the ASW store, including whiskey glasses, decanters, and small oak barrels to barrel age your spirits at home
Led by head distiller Justin Manglitz, a homebrew and craft booze legend from Athens, Georgia, ASW Distillery is following in the footsteps of Georgia's incredible craft breweries and helping put Atlanta on the map for craft whiskey. Since launching Atlanta's original post-Prohibition whiskey brand, American Spirit Whiskey (a smooth-sipping silver whiskey), in 2011, they've gone on to bring us such boozy goodness as Resurgens Rye, Atlanta's first rye since Prohibition, Armour & Oak Apple Brandy made with 100% North Georgia apples from Mercier Orchards, and Monday Night Single Malt, a new whiskey made in collaboration with Atlanta's Monday Night Brewing.
And you'll go home with both a Fiddler t-shirt and a bottle of their new, best-selling bourbon, Fiddler Georgia Heartwood Bourbon.
Here's your chance to go behind the scenes and learn how ASW churns out all this good stuff with our exclusive distillery tour and tasting. You'll learn about their distillation process, getting a peek at their 15-foot-tall Scottish-style copper pot stills that were custom-made for ASW Distillery by Kentucky's Vendome Copper and Brass Works. You'll also get a walk through ASW's rickhouse, which is home to over 120 barrels of whiskey being aged to perfection.
And then onto the good stuff: the tour concludes with three tastings, where you can choose a 1/2 ounce of rye, bourbon, single malt whiskey, apple brandy, or American Spirit Whiskey straight up, or sample one of their craft cocktails-of-the-day made from ASW's in-house stock. Enjoy your libations at their impressive brushed walnut bar, relax in a leather armchair in their lounge area, or savor your sips while having a game of cornhole (if they don't have it out, feel free to ask them to get the board out) or tic-tac-toe.